Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Dolphins in Kaikoura, pt. 2



Hi! Since the last time I wrote my back improved slightly, so I could go as a spectator, not a swimmer (sniff). It was a perfect day...sunny, calm sea and lots of dusky dolphins and their babies. Some were less than a week old. They are small but very active, jumping, doing backward flips, skating along out of the water on their tail. Today the boat captain estimated that we saw over 200, and I think that's about right.
What an incredible experience!

After lunch I went to the local hospital where the physiotherapist did accupuncture and massage on my back...and hopefully that will be the end of that. Just to remind me that paradise has a few blemishes (Kaikoura really seems like paradise), the right temple broke off my glasses. Fortunately I had brought another pair, and a pair of clip ons which serve as substitute sunglasses for the ones I had with me in my purse when it was stolen.

We leave for Christchurch tomorrow afternoon. On to another new adventure.

No comments: