My god the food is good here. They give you ENORMOUS portions, which may explain why most of the Chamorros (Guanese) are as fat as most Americans.
Still mixed up with the time. Fell into a heavy heavy sleep this afternoon. Sandy woke me up to go to the Night Market at Chamorro Village, and I had been dreaming; it took me longer than normal to wake up.
The market was interesting. Japanese tourists are the main economic source of income for Guam, and they nearly outnumber the natives. The market was interesting. Great barbequing,
tacky tourist stuff, a hokey outdoor concert of near naked island girls doing "native" dances. The fun part was sitting down in the dining hall (open on 3 sides, full of tables with chairs jealously guarded by the Chamorros. A small group singing Bob Marley songs and people dancing.
It's hot and terribly humid here. I will always think of this when I complain of the D.C. humidity. The market being outdoors was hot enough so that Sandy and I were just dripping wet with sweat. The air conditioning is always on high, so going from one extreme to another is interesting.
Sunset was lovely. Lagoon fringed with palm trees. Really lovely.
We fly to Cairns, Australia tomorrow evening and get in there at 11:30.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment