Friday, October 21, 2005

Our last day on the reef!



Well, we loved the reef so much we went again today...our last before leaving for Sydney. Took this amazing catamaran to an outer reef and snorkeled 3 times. My pictures are improving...now the fish are mostly in the pictures, even if they are swimming away (fish fannies). The reef is amazing...there are so many kinds and colors (yes, including purple) of fish and coral. Coming back we took a boat taxi instead of the bus...it was a nice way to say goodbye to the reef. Wow!

I'm writing this from an internet cafe across from the night market...the place for the most incredible kitch you can imagine....or lucily, maybe you can't.

It's back to the hostel (our third time there so far) to repack for Sydney tomorrow. I melted my favorite pair of pants using an iron in the apartment we rented at Port Douglas...so tonight I fouond an iron on patch to at least be able to use them, and you guessed it...it has a kangaroo and a boomerang on it. Sigh!

No comments: